Sunday 3 June 2012

Pete Rock Open To Working With Lupe Fiasco

'I would love to work with him, and I wouldn't turn my nose to it,' veteran producer tells MTV News.
By Nadeska Alexis, with reporting by Sway Calloway


Pete Rock
Photo: MTV News

Pete Rock made headlines last week for getting into a little tiff with Lupe Fiasco over Rock's classic 1992 track "They Reminisce Over You (T.R.O.Y.)," but the veteran producer has put the drama behind him, and now he's focused on his upcoming projects, including a possible collaboration with the Chicago rapper.

"If the artist doesn't like something I did or said, then we could work through it with a conversation. That's always my goal — it's never to add fuel to the fire," Pete Rock told MTV News of the falling out with Lupe. "I would love to get in the studio and work with him if his management team can respect me as a man, and the label can respect me as a man, and Lupe himself can respect me as a man. I would love to work with him, and I wouldn't turn my nose to it."

While the dust settles and we wait to see if a collaboration between the two comes to fruition, Rock is prepping for his joint LP with DJ Premier, which is set to debut next year. "We're gonna do a 20-city European tour to announce our project that we're working on for the spring of 2013," he explained. "I'm working with Young Money artist Cory Gunz, who grabbed 15 of my beats and he likes them all, but I'm telling him, 'Lil homey, take your time, do whatever your process is."

Other projects in the works include an official remake of "T.R.O.Y.," which will commemorate the 20th anniversary of Rock and C.L. Smooth's 1992 debut LP, Mecca and the Soul Brother, rolling around June 3.

"I'm bringing C.L. Smooth back out to redo 'Reminisce' with a couple of today's artists," Rock explained, although he declined to name the artists he had in mind. He did, however, share a few of his favorite contemporary producers, including Nottz, DJ Khalil, Alchemist and Hit-Boy.

Are you excited for Pete Rock's return? Tell us below!

Related Videos

1940 census instagram for android dallas news dallas fort worth dfw 1930 census nike new nfl uniforms

No comments:

Post a Comment