Tuesday 22 May 2012

'My Last Wish': The social media app ripe for trolling

5 hrs.

A social networking app ostensibly designed to help users meet people with "a similar wish as yours before you die," "My Last Wish" is more like a crowdsourced bucket list or a retirement fund commercial than what its name implies.

Registered users, or "Fellow Wishers" of the free app ?? available through Apple's App Store ?? share so-called "last wishes" on their wish wall, where similar wishes are highlighted. Fellow Wishers who allow their profiles to be public can contact each other through the app. You can also share your wishes via Facebook and Twitter.

A quick view of the variety of reveals that White Lotus Corporation, the company behind the app, as well as those using it, are not clear on what a "last wish" truly is.

Not-for-nothing, Fellow Wishers, but "I want to travel all the countries in the world," "write a novel," and "try the whole metal band thing again," are not last wishes, but rather, that stuff you ramble about to your co-workers after you've had one white wine spritzer too many after happy hour. You know, that last fleeting wish you had before you let it go and moved on to another.

Frankly, with a name like "My Last Wish," I was hoping for something a little more delightfully morbid to take me away from my own life of quiet desperation. You know, something like, "Take me off the oxygen," "Remember me as?awesome," "I wish I didn't smoke so many cigarettes," "I wish I didn't answer that Craigslist ad," "I wish I didn't climb Mount Everest,"?"I wish the governor called with my stay of execution" ? these are real?last wishes you won't find on "My Last Wish."?

Not yet, anyway.

via Mashable

Helen A.S. Popkin goes blah blah blah about the Internet. Tell her to get a real job on?Twitter?and/or?Facebook. Also,?Google+.?


louis oosthuizen 10 year old gives birth c. difficile carmelo anthony nurse jackie nurse jackie peeps

No comments:

Post a Comment